Fixed Mindset vs Growth Mindset
There
are two types of people in this world, people with a fixed mindset, which take
almost every situation and look at it as if it’s a determinate of how much
their worth. Where people with a growth mindset look at situations in their
life and see it as a way to improve their life or raise their worth. Personally I am someone with a fixed mindset, I almost always take situations
in my life and make myself feel as if because of them, I am somewhat at less of
an opportunity than others. I feel as if a lot of people in college or around
my age have a fixed mindset. We look at failure and see it as were never going
to get better or we can’t, while people with a growth mindset look at failure
as a way to improve themselves. I believe this has a lot to do with the idea of
10,000 hours. People with a growth mindset tend to apply the 10,000 hours to
their work because they let failure motivate them, but people with a fixed
mindset tend to not apply the 10,000 hours because once they fail they feel as
if there is no improvement needed. People with a fixed mindset feel as if they
always have o prove that they are naturally smart, without actually having to
put any effort into it, while people with a growth mindset nurture their
intelligence and let their hard work speak for itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment