I went to the "This I Believe" lecture by this man named Dave Guettamen. He was on a public radio station called NPR and he is the editor of the "This I Believe" book.It was at the Lyman Center at SCSU at 8 o clock. He was there to tell us the back story of the "This I believe" book. One thing that I thought was really interesting was the fact that this book originated from a radio show that talked about problems in World War 1 and 2, and how people were not sticking to their own beliefs. It was also cool to find out that Albert Einstein, Jackie Robinsonand so many others were apart of this whole genre. I never thought that this book would have such a great back story to it but it did, the fact that people came out and spoke up about what they believed in to people they knew was not accepting of their beliefs.
No comments:
Post a Comment